Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Effects of Setting

When Antonia moved to this new land with her family, she lived in the country.  By living in the country she learned to be free and wild.  She did not have to follow town rules to maintain a good reputation for herself and her family.  Antonia was able to be a free spirit, playing under the sun and working in her bare feet.  Whereas, if she had first lived in town she would have been looked down upon for playing out in the streets running without shoes and with her hair down blowing wildly in the wind.  The country shaped Antonia into being an indepent, strong, and wild young lady and taught her to always be herself.


Hilton Head Island is a place that I can be myself and live without a care in the world.  Like reading a really good book, it is an escape for me.  The air allows me to breath a little deeper, the endless number of palm trees make me feel at peace, and the warm ocean breeze makes me close my eyes and smile.  When I ride my bike on the bike trails with my family I feel as if I never want to leave.  This small island is my haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment